Why Queen's Commerce
The unique Commerce experience extends well beyond the classroom. We provide a wealth of opportunity supported by a strong sense of community that encourages you to explore and flourish.
Business From Day One
Get down to business on your first day of classes and begin to build a solid business foundation during the first two years of the program before branching out to customize your degree with upper-year electives.
The Commerce Society
ComSoc is at the heart of our unique university experience because it is run by and for Queen's Commerce students and provides you with the opportunity to get involved outside of the classroom and apply the knowledge and skills you learn inside the classroom.
The opportunity to study abroad will change your life! We have partnerships with over 95 international business schools in more than 35 countries.
- Small class sizes with a maximum of 80 students for all Commerce courses which will allow you to get to know your classmates and professors, and create a friendly environment conducive for participation and learning.
- Goodes Hall provides an impressive learning environment that will become your home away from home. Classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art, multi-media tools and wireless internet, and there are numerous break-out rooms available for team meetings. The comfortable, safe, friendly and accessible space in Goodes Hall fosters a strong sense of community in which you will flourish.
- An Optional Certificate in Responsible Leadership provides you with experience-based exposure to responsible leadership. By engaging in this optional certificate program, you will be able to recognize the dilemmas and opportunities to implement socially responsible practices in your career.
- Communications and professional skills development will enhance your written and oral communication skills and prepare you for entering the business world.
- Participate in local, national and international Business Case Competitions to enhance your ability to think strategically, work as a team, and communicate in a clear, concise manner. This experience will help you to become a highly-skilled business professional who is able to project confidence and ability during a job interview or business presentation.
- A Dedicated Business Career Centre will provide you with a customized four-year Career Management Plan which covers career exploration, job search, one-to-one career coaching, seminars, workshops, guest speakers, and events with corporate partners.
- Techplex has all of the multi-media resources you will need to put together presentations, and print or copy documents.
- Experience a uniquely strong sense of community among Commerce students, faculty and staff.