Certificate in Responsible Leadership –
Bachelor of Commerce program
The Certificate in Responsible Leadership (formerly called the Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility) was launched in the Bachelor of Commerce program in 2004, offering Queen's Commerce students a truly unique curriculum experience not offered in any other Commerce program in Canada.
While the Bachelor of Commerce core curriculum has many courses that address a variety of responsible leadership issues, the Certificate in Responsible Leadership program has been designed to give interested students an opportunity to gain a more in-depth, experience-based, integrative exposure to core areas of responsible leadership such as business ethics, social innovation/ social entrepreneurship, sustainability, and community engagement. Students who successfully complete the program requirements will graduate with a Certificate in Responsible Leadership in addition to their Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Certificate Requirements - Bachelor of Commerce
To earn a Certificate in Responsible Leadership in addition to their Bachelor of Commerce degree, students must complete the following requirements:
- Achieve a minimum grade in the mandatory responsible leadership related program courses
- Complete the required number of elective courses from the approved list of "Responsible Leadership" themed courses
- Fully participate in two Responsible Leadership Summits hosted by the Centre for Responsible Leadership
- Pass an evaluative component associated with each of the conferences in which the student participates
- Actively participate in approved outreach activities with registered charities or non-profit community organizations