Strategy Program - Gulf Region
Enhance your strategic planning knowledge2-Day Program
Bringing leading-edge strategic planning tools and techniques into your organization will have a profoundly positive impact on the organization’s future direction.
- Introduce proven strategy development tools into the management practices of your organization
- Benchmark against best practices of leading companies
- Integrate short- and long-term operating objectives
- Anticipate and prepare for changes in the competitive landscape
- Link tactical action plans to the organization’s strategic plan
- Improve organizational performance
The concepts and tools taught in the Program will greatly enhance your strategic planning knowledge and skills, and increase your value to the organization.
- Develop a strategic mindset and change the way you think about your business
- Learn the latest strategic tools and techniques, and strengthen your ability to lead the strategic planning process in your organization
- Improve your ability to manage change and build commitment to new strategic directions
- Understand the leadership requirements to successfully implement your strategic plan
- Learn to challenge conventional wisdom with confidence
- Network with a group of experienced managers and executives from a variety of industries
The Program covers the following curriculum:
Creating an Effective Strategic Planning Process
An effective strategic planning process will change the way you think about your business and allow you to develop useful strategic plans that have buy-in across the organization.
- Developing a strategic mindset, and understanding the difference between strategic and operational plans
- Evaluating your organization’s strategy development process
- Designing a structured and disciplined framework for planning and encouraging creativity
- Using the strategic planning process to challenge conventional wisdom
- Evaluating the strategic landscape by identifying and examining market, regulatory, technological, and political forces that will shape your organization's future
- Understanding the role of core competencies in building a strategic agenda
- Learning guidelines for creating tactical action plans that are linked to the strategic plan
Strategic Planning Tools and Frameworks
In the Program you will discuss and assess a variety of strategic planning tools and frameworks.
- Understanding how a strategic plan is the game-plan for change and growth
- Creating a vision statement, mission, and objectives that are meaningful to your organization
- Using competitive intelligence to anticipate competitors’ plans and identify strategically important business trends
- Identifying the challenges and opportunities that are make-or-break for your organization
- Evaluating which strategic platform is right for your organization
- Understanding the profit drivers and financial implications of alternative strategic platforms
- Locating and capitalizing on synergy
- Identifying, evaluating, and selecting profitable business opportunities
Leading Organizational Change
The Program will teach leadership techniques that will improve the effectiveness of organizational change.
- Creating champions and coalitions to drive change
- Building an organization that understands the leadership requirements of deep organizational change
- Understanding the role of leaders in driving change
- Managing resistance to change and building a sustained commitment to change
- Building a flexible organization capable of rapid and successful change
- Creating ways to align the organization behind the strategic plan
- Emphasizing teamwork, innovation, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Building agreement among organizational stakeholders
- Creating a climate for high performance
Implementing the Strategic Plan
The Program will teach you how to focus organizational resources on the implementation of the strategic plan to ensure its rapid deployment and generate sustained momentum.
- Understanding how the organization’s culture affects strategy implementation
- Ensuring the organization’s infrastructure and culture support the change effort
- Building in accountabilities and the appropriate measurement scorecards
- Understanding the importance of the "critical few" strategic initiatives
- Making correct partnering and outsourcing decisions
- Leveraging the strategic plan through alliances and partnerships
- Identifying strategic enablers and outcomes
Session leaders include senior professors from Queen's School of Business and knowledgeable experts from industry. These outstanding teachers are constantly in touch with today's business world through real-world business experience, Board memberships and their own consulting practices.
Dr. Tina Dacin - Strategy and Organizational Behaviour, Queen's School of Business
Tina Dacin is Director of the Centre for Responsible Leadership and a Distinguished Faculty Fellow at Queen’s School of Business. She specializes in the areas of business ethics, social innovation, strategic alliances and business networks, specifically focusing of the topics of partner selection and collaboration. Prior to joining Queen’s, she spent nine years at Texas A&M University, where she was recognized for both research and teaching excellence. She has consulted with companies in many industries and has served on the editorial boards of several leading academic journals.