Your Application Advisor will work with you to ensure that your application is not only complete, but presents you and your qualifications in the best possible light.
1. An undergraduate degree in business, commerce or a related field with a minimum B average and completion of the following prerequisite business courses with a B or better grade
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Behaviour
2. A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
Step One: Preliminary Assessment
Application Advisors will work with you through every step of the application process. Begin your preliminary assessment by completing the online application form and attaching a scanned copy of resume and your transcripts (if available).
An Application Advisor will review and contact you (normally within 2-3 business days) and suggest helpful ways to strengthen your file. To speak with an Application Advisor, call toll-free 1.888.EXEC MBA (1.888.393.2622).
Step Two - Complete Your Application File
Applications for admission to the program must include:1. Application Form: Application forms can be completed online or downloaded, or simply call an Application Advisor at 1.888.460.5869.
2. Cover Letter: A cover letter that outlines current responsibilities and assignments, career accomplishments, reasons for applying to Queen’s MBA for Business Graduates, and professional and personal goals and plans.
3. Résumé: A current résumé that includes lists of certificates, diplomas, and degrees; work experience; memberships in professional associations; and volunteer and community activities.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for international applicants with undergraduate degrees and/or work experience from non-English-speaking countries. The Admissions Committee may also request candidates write the TOEFL based on their score on the verbal portion of the GMAT. Please enter code 0949 (Dept. 02) on your TOEFL registration form to ensure TOEFL scores are sent to Queen’s.
5. Two References: You are required to submit an evaluation form completed by an immediate supervisor, and an evaluation form completed by a colleague. The evaluation forms can be downloaded, or simply call an Application Advisor. Please note that evaluators must send these forms directly to Queen’s MBA for Business Graduates Admissions Committee.
6. Official Transcripts: A certified transcript from each post-secondary institution you have attended, sent by the Registrar of that institution to Queen’s MBA for Business Graduates Admissions Committee.
7. Personal Interview: Upon completion of your application.
** Applicants will be evaluated on the depth of their work experience, academic background, and management/leadership skills. In some cases the GMAT may be recommended as a way to strengthen your application file.
Please send all application materials to:
Queen’s MBA for Business Graduates
Queen’s School of Business
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6
We hold all application materials in complete confidence.
Ready to Apply?
There is no application fee. Upon acceptance into the program, a deposit of $2000 is required to hold your place. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as space and scholarships are limited.Apply Online Download an application form
Information sessions provide the opportunity to learn more about the program and to meet the program director and an application advisor. As well, program alumni and current students are usually available to answer questions from the student perspective.
For dates and times, please call toll-free 1.888.460.5869 or please refer to our online information session schedule.