Your Application Advisor will work with you to ensure that your application is not only complete, but presents you and your qualifications in the best possible light.
We recognize that individual applicants often have unique strengths, and those strengths can be given special consideration in the admission decision.
The items we consider as part of our admissions procedure include:
- Your management experience
- Your references
- Your previous academic experience
- A personal interview may also be part of the admission process
Step One: Preliminary Assessment
Application Advisors will work with you through every step of the application process. Begin your preliminary assessment by completing the online application form and attaching a scanned copy of resume and your transcripts (if available).
An Application Advisor will review and contact you (normally within 2-3 business days) and suggest helpful ways to strengthen your file. To speak with an Application Advisor, call toll-free 1.888.EXEC MBA (1.888.393.2622).
Step Two: Complete your Application file
Your Application Advisor will ensure your completed file includes:
- Application Form: Application forms can be completed online, or downloaded and submitted by fax.
- Cover Letter: A cover letter outlining current responsibilities and assignments, career accomplishments, reasons for applying to Queen's Executive MBA, and professional and personal goals.
- Résumé: A current résumé that includes academic experience, work experience, memberships in professional associations, and volunteer and community activities.
- Two References: Evaluation forms completed by your immediate supervisor, and colleague. These forms are available online.
- Official Transcripts: A certified transcript from each post-secondary institution you have attended, sent by the Registrar of that institution to Queen's Executive MBA Admissions Committee.
- Personal Interview: An interview with the Program Director, either in person or by Skpe, upon completion of your application.
*Applicants will be evaluated on the depth of their work experience, academic background, and management/leadership skills. In some cases the GMAT may be recommended as a way to strengthen your application file.
There is no application fee for Queen's Executive MBA. Admission to the program is competitive. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as space is and academic scholarships are limited. Applications are reviewed immediately upon receipt of completed files and admission decisions are rendered as soon as reference checks are completed.
Please send all application materials to:
Cornell-Queen's Executive MBA, Admissions Committee
Queen's School of Business
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6
We hold all application materials in complete confidence.
Ready to Apply?
There is no application fee. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as space is limited.Apply Online
Information SessionsInformation sessions provide an opportunity to learn more about the program and the videoconference learning technology. They also provide the opportunity to speak with a Program Director or Application Advisor. Program alumni and current participants often attend these sessions and can provide first-hand accounts of the program.
For dates and times, please call toll-free 1.888.EXEC MBA (1.888.393.2622) or check our information session schedule.