BusinessWeek Ranks Queen's School of Business #1 in Canada for Executive MBA and Executive Development
October 14, 2005
Late Thursday, October 13, 2005, BusinessWeek magazine ranked Queen’s School of Business #1 in Canada for both its executive MBA program and its open enrollment executive education programs. This comes just one year after the influential business publication ranked Queen’s #1 among international full-time MBA programs. In addition to leading the nation in all three programs, Queen’s has also placed well internationally, scoring #10 in the world for open enrollment executive education and #21 in the world for executive MBA.
“To be recognized by BusinessWeek as the best in Canada and among the best in the world three times in one year is unprecedented, and a remarkable achievement that can be shared by each student, graduate, faculty and staff member,” said David Saunders, Dean of Queen’s School of Business. “Our unwavering focus on academic excellence and exceptional student experience continues to deliver results for both our students, and our reputation among the employers who hire them.”
In making BusinessWeek’s Top 10 list of open enrollment executive education providers, Queen’s joins some of the world’s best-known, most prestigious business schools. The Top 10:
1. Harvard University
2. INSEAD (France)
3. IMD (Switzerland)
4. Stanford University
5. London Business School
6. University of Michigan
7. Columbia University
8. University of Pennsylvania
9. Northwestern University
10. Queen’s University
BusinessWeek’s 2005 executive education rankings are based on the results of surveys received from managers and human resources directors from 163 companies in 22 countries. Of the 24 programs mentioned in the rankings, 10 are based outside of the U.S., up from five in 2003, a trend that reflects companies' desire for a better understanding of global markets.
During an online chat hosted by BusinessWeek surrounding the rankings, a representative of the magazine said: “From our research, we found that companies appreciated the way that Queen's was able to adapt to current issues, as well as use various business models and teaching methods."
The magazine’s 2005 executive MBA rankings are based on surveys of 3,400 members of the 2005 graduating class at 64 programs, and 61 EMBA program directors. Combined with student surveys from 2001 and 2003, the student responses contributed 65% of the total score, which determines each program's place in the rankings. The other 35% was supplied by the directors, who were asked to identify 10 programs they consider the best, excluding their own.
The complete results of BusinessWeek’s 2005 business school rankings are now available online by clicking here and will be published in the magazine’s next issue